Friday 23 January 2009

Earth Wind and Fire - September

I know this post comes a little late but
Congratulations, President Obama
I'm not an American, but Obama has helped restore my... faith, I guess, in America. I know that many of my friends dislike him because he's a Democrat, because he supports abortion and gay rights, et cetera, but in my non-American opinion, that should be the least of their worries. Obama is the new president for a new century (although, I know, it is 2009).
Now, it's time to wait and see if Obama goes about what he's promised. Have their been so many ungreat presidents that we become suspicious of all candidates? What about Lincoln? What about Roosevelt? I suppose because we're looking back at them in retrospect, we think they were wonderful. Perhaps a hudnred years into the future (if Jesus doesn't come back again), we will think that Bush actually did the right thing by invading Iraq. Maybe. Who knows?
On our part, even if we aren't Americans,
Pray for Obama

No comments: