Monday 15 September 2008

Coldplay - Violet Hill

I honestly do like blogging. I've tried to blog many a time, but China usually ends up blocking the blog-hosting website, which annoys me greatly. If China really wants to "open up to the world", they should start with their own people, which means not blocking Wikipedia and Youtube during crisises like the Tibet situation earlier this year. (I probably shouldn't be writing this, but if China blocks it, it's not my fault and you know the severity of their paranoia.)

The only problem with blogging is I never quite know what to write about... I suppose I'll find something to write in the days to come...

Good thing the SAT isn't like blogging. (Whoa... That'd be really fun, actually.) I took the SAT last June to qualify for the Johns Hopkins University CTY, and I thought it was kind of fun. (I didn't do brilliantly, but enough to qualify for the English section of their CTY. I've only done one course so far... It's so flipping expensive!) In the essay section, they wanted us to write something about people becoming a better person through hard times. I ended up writing about Batman or something to that effect...

Yeah, that's me for you. My friends think I'm scary sometimes at the really random connexions I make. I mean, I don't do it all the time. If you've played Pass the Word

(Pass the Word: a game where you sit in a circle and someone says a random word [no proper nouns], such as, "Chickens." The next person will think of the word that comes immediately to mind, like, "Coward." You can take the word in any way that you want. No repition, no hesitation. Good luck.)

with me, you know that I make okay connexions, although I've made references which the younger kids I've played with don't get.

I can get pretty morbid, too, actually. When I was in England this summer, I went to a cemetery with a friend, and I was thinking about what I would like on my headstone when I'm dead... Then I came up with this.

Me: Hey, Charlotte. Guess what? Let's say a teenager dies, right? You could put on his headstone something like, "Brian has... gone to his room."

Referencing, of course, the verse in the Bible where Jesus says he has gone ahead of us to prepare a room.

Char: [pause pause pause] Yes, Miki.

That's what she usually says when I say something that freaks/annoys/scares/amuses/bugs her. She says it a lot, actually.

No comments: