Wednesday 22 October 2008

Feist - We're All in the Dance

10 things I expect in a good friend.
  1. Godliness - I'm a Christian and I do appreciate a friend that can pray for me, I can pray for and can pray together with. Also, it's easier when you share the same ideals as your friend. Although I have no qualms about being friends with non-Christians, I don't think I can become as close to them because of issues about stuff, i.e. pre-marital sex, goals in life...
  2. Loyalty
  3. Humour - to tell jokes and to take my jokes. I like making people laugh. Sometimes, as with all jokes, I can accidentally hurt people. I don't mean to. People with good humour usually understand that I'm teasing them and get over it. I know a few people whom I think haven't really.
  4. The ability to accept me for me - for the obvious reasons. But if you think about it, only a person able to accept you for you can be considered a good friend.
  5. An appreciation of music - because music is a very large part of my life. One thing I love doing is analysing music, like comparing different bands and seeing how one band has influenced another, et cetera.
  6. The love of reading - not especially important.
  7. Brains - I.Q.!
  8. Sensitivity - E.Q.!
  9. The ability to know when to stop being goofy and immature. (Probably 'cause sometimes I struggle with this. I tend to be goofy when I shouldn't be and overly serious when it's really the wrong time.)
  10. The love for old-fashioned things and new-fangled gadgets - because I'm a bit like that.

This list is a bit weird, I think... I don't really have a set list. I try to take people as they are and, if we click, we click.

No comments: