Monday 20 October 2008

James Blunt - You're Beautiful

It's about eleven days to NaNoWriMo and I haven't really decided what I'm going to write... I mean, I have all these ideas buzzing through my head but I haven't had the time (or the patience) to sit down and actually plan my thoughts out. I tried to do it yesterday, during a very boring lecture, but it didn't amount to much...

Anyway, here are my ideas. Since I am pretty much an aspiring historian, my topics are pretty much immersed in history. I love historical fiction... (May I just make a pitch for my favourite historical fiction writer of all time - Rosemary Sutcliff. She is the undethronable, unusurpable [those are probably synonyms, but they sound impressive. Especially the latter] Queen of Historical Fiction.)

a) The life of a Polish Jewish teenager after being liberated from Auschwitz;

b) A German teenager, now a liason for American forces in her village, is forced to face what her people - and even the own members of her family - have done during the war;

c) Anita lives with her father in a remote location in the north of England. When two outsiders come to their house, secrets are revealed and things start to change;

d) Charlotte, or Charlie, finds a letter from 1940 in which a girl confesses that she's in love with someone else. Charlie sets herself on a quest to find out if the two realised their happily-ever-after, and if "love is only true in fairytales".

So that's where I've gotten so far... I think it's pretty okay. I think I'll send my ideas to a friend to ask for her opinion. She's a writer as well, but I don't think she's doing NaNoWriMo.

No comments: